Thursday 10 September 2009

Idioms with TAKE

Hi everybody,

It is a pleasure to write about the English classes and topics we have learned.

Last Friday, 04/09, teacher Nasseemm (thank you) explained to us new idioms with "take", like:

- Take Notice
"means please attention"

- Take Turns
"means to change"

- Take to Pieces
"means dismantle".

- Take by Surprise
"means very surprise"

- Take On
"means assume, accept"

- Take In,
"means deceived"

- Take Up,
"means to continue"

- Take ( ) Eyes Off,
"means pay attention, keep looking"

- Take ( ) Back,
"means remember, reminiscence"

- Take for Granted.
"means to expect"

I have created some phrases to practice the new vocabulary:

- Today, in the morning, I took the bus to UNSW TAKING NO NOTICE for the other passengers.

- Usually to fly to Brazil is 20 hours and the pilots have to TAKE TURNS according to the security procedures for long distance flights.

- Qantas Airline is doing the maintenance in one Airbus A380 and they decided TAKE the turbine TO PIECES to scrutinize the problem.

- We were climbing the harbour bridge when a hurricane TOOK us BY SURPRISE.

- We will soon have to TAKE ON a few more employees in the factory.

- I couldn´t quite TAKE IN what you said.

- I´m feeling very well, I TAKE UP to play tennis in Australia.

- I went to a Brazilian restaurant last weekend and it TOOK ME BACK to my mum´s house.

- I was walking in Bondi Beach when I saw a beautiful girl and I couldn´t TAKE MY EYES OFF.

- I saw the Bondi Rescue people and I TOOK them FOR GRANTED.
Great subject! Cool.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment